MORLAIS HALL, North Road, FERNDALE, CF43 4PS
ROUTE FROM M4 JUNCTION 32
- Follow A470 north towards Merthyr Tydfil for 8 miles
- At Pontypridd take A4058 “Pontypridd, Rhondda Valleys” and continue to Porth
- On the Porth bypass go through 2 sets of traffic lights and bear right at the roundabout, following A4233 “Aberdare, Ferndale” to Ferndale
ROUTE FROM M4 JUNCTION 34
- Follow A4119 “Rhondda” over seven roundabouts
- At the 7th roundabout take the right hand exit A4233 “Porth, Ferndale”.
- Descend into Porth. Turn left for Aberdare and Ferndale and keep to the left hand lane through traffic lights and then bear right at the next roundabout (A4233).
- Continue on the A4233 up to Ferndale.
- Continue to the top of the High Street.
- At the top of the High Street the main road bends sharp right and then left. Immediately after the left hand bend there is a zebra crossing with the new Ferndale Infants School on the left and the Morlais Hall on the right.
ROUTE FROM HEADS OF THE VALLEYS A465
- Leave A465 via the B4277 signposted to Llwydcoed and Aberdare
- When you reach a roundabout, turn left onto Aberdare By-pass (A4059)
- At second roundabout on the bypass (Tesco), turn right for Town Centre and then follow Town Centre and Maerdy signs onto the A4233
- The A4233 climbs steeply out of Aberdare and crosses a mountain ridge before descending into Maerdy. In Maerdy, turn left at the crossroads for A4233 Ferndale
Descending into Ferndale, the Morlais Hall is on the left on the corner of Church Street, which is the last street on the left before the double bend into the town centre.
PARKING – During the day there is usually ample parking on the road and in the side streets near the Hall. In the evenings parking is free in the marked bays in the High Street and in the small car park at the top of the upper High Street. Vehicles are parked at owners’ risk.
There is also a Council-run car park some distance from the Hall in Lime Street, but please note that it is closed evenings and Sundays. Opening times are clearly marked and should be consulted.